The BISA PGN is proud to be hosting its Meet the Editors Event at the 2019 Annual Conference in London, 12-14 June. This event is a unique opportunity to gain valuable insight for PhD and Early Career Researchers seeking to make inroads into publishing as part of their research career.
Receive tailored feedback on your article from the highly experienced editors of:
- International Affairs
- European Security
- The Review of International Studies
- The European Journal of International Security
Deadline: 28th of April of 2019
Note that no abstracts are accepted. You must send full articles only.
Guidelines For Participants
Mandatory Eligibility Criteria:
- PhD Students (must be BISA Members and registered at the 2019 London Conference)
- Early Career Researchers (up to 24 months after having com- pleted the PhD; must be BISA Members and registered at the 2019 London Conference)
Mandatory Requirements for Submitting a Paper:
The paper must clearly and explicitly answer these questions:
- What debate does this paper contribute to? What is the original contribution of this paper? Why is this contribution significant?
- The author may identify a preferred Journal and if so apply its formatting and word count guidelines. However, identifying a preferred Journal is not mandatory.
- Papers must be submitted with a letter from the supervisor/ peer certifying that the paper has been reviewed.
- The quality standard must be close to publication.
Successful participants must come prepared in order to discuss in fuller detail the feedback with the editor.