We are seeking statements of interest for serving as the Host for the annual BISA conference in June of 2021 or 2022. The BISA conference draws an international group of researchers and practitioners who are dedicated to the free exchange of scholarly opinions and evidence-based research for the purposes of advancing the field of international studies.
We seek expressions of interest from groups, departments, schools, and/or organisations. The Conference Host is a group or organisation who serves as a liaison to BISA, assisting in the identification of conference spaces, hotels, catering and reception options, sponsorships, and ways to engage with the local community in order to raise the visibility of BISA and the field of international studies.
The BISA Chair, Director and staff will manage the conference programme and planning, including negotiating contracts with hotels, meeting venues, catering, and handling all administrative details of the conference, including registration, reception(s), AV, Wifi access and the organisation of exhibitors. The role of the conference Host is to advise on this process and provide crucial local knowledge and connections.
The letter should include the following information:
- a list of the members of your hosting group
- your connections to BISA and the field of international studies
- a description of any prior experiences you have had with hosting conferences and the role(s) members of the hosting group have played
- your preference (if any) on the year – 2021 or 2022
- thoughts on venue options including cost estimates that could accommodate up to 700 delegates and 200 panels over 3-4 days and why these would be good spaces for holding the conference. (Please note BISA is open to a variety of venue spaces, including universities, conference centres, and hotels).
- initial thoughts for a programme of events around the conference that will engage with the local community to raise the visibility of BISA and advance the understanding of international studies (for example links with schools, local community venues)
- an assessment of the potential for additional institutional support (if available)
Short listed applications will be contacted by the end of 2019 and site visits carried out by the Director in early 2020.