Purpose of Founders Fund Grants
How To Apply
- Name, Address, Institutional and Departmental affiliation and contact details
- BISA membership number
- Name of PhD supervisor
- Thesis title
- Thesis topic/research area including details of what the grant would be used for and of existing sources of financial support (200 words)
- In addition, applicants should ask their supervisor for a short letter of support (max 200 words); please ensure it is signed and on university headed paper.
- introduce the applicant, the letter author should also briefly introduce themselves and detail the relationship i.e. supervisor, head of department, head of research etc.
- confirm the Applicant’s attitude to studying and research.
- detail the Applicants academic record and commitment
- make the case for funding i.e. confirms there is no institutional or other funding available for the applicant
- confirm the applicant is still registered as a PHD student
- make the case for the award.
The deadline for application is 4.00pm on Friday 29 November 2019. Email acknowledgements will be sent out once the deadline is passed so we can check final applications and raise any matters that are unclear. We will also request any missing documents not captured by our system.
Response to Applications
Applications will be considered by the BISA Research sub-committee at its meeting in mid December, with applicants notified of the outcome in January 2020.
If you have any queries about this award, please contact the BISA office.