Established Working Groups are invited to apply for funding to support their work during calendar year 2019 by making an application by 4.00pm Wednesday 21st November 2018. Working Group annual reports/accounts should be submitted as part of this application.
(If you are not applying for funding for 2019, Working Groups should still submit an annual report and associated accounts for any funding received in 2018. Please email these to the BISA office
Groups will be advised of which funding limit they can apply for during the week beginning 22nd October 2018.
- BISA will prioritise plans that maximise the profile of the association and its charitable mission to represent cutting edge UK International Studies research.
- Judgements will be made by the Research Sub-Committee of the BISA Board of Trustees, and then discussed by the Board itself. Working Groups will be informed of the outcome by the end of January 2019 if not before. Trustees reserve the right to support an activity at a lower level of funding than that sought by the Group.
- Joint applications between Working Groups are welcomed.
- BISA now administers centrally the majority of working group funding to ensure the accounting is transparent, funding eligible and meets the current charity commission requirements. Please ensure that you have regard to the working group handbook to ensure that funding types are eligible to be included in the application, and please do check with the BISA office if you are not sure.
How to Apply:
- Name of Working Group
- Working Group Convenor(s) and institution/email contact
- Is this a joint application with another working group?
- 50 word description of the Working Group’s area
- 100 word report on Working Group’s activities in previous year
- 100 word brief outline of activities for which BISA funding is sought including dates and locations
- Amount applied for
- Detailed budget for above proposed activities
- Output from/ Impact of above planned activities
- Budget detailing how previous funding was spent and details of any underspend and the reasons as to why
Apply for Working Group Funding
Amend an Existing Application