The BISA email list is a moderated list for the dissemination of information from members to members about conferences, workshops and other events, calls for papers, BISA own news and calls, and other related matters. If you wish to recieve these emails you need to be a member to subscribe, however members are not automatically added to the list. All members who have subscribed can send and recieve the emails under the following limitations.
If your emails are not sent or you do not recieve the emails this maybe for a variety of reasons:
- we may not have your correct email address.
- you may not have subscribed, please read below for more information.
- you may not be a current member.
BISA email list rules
Messages that are welcome and will be circulated
- Upcoming conferences and events;
- Calls for papers for conferences, workshops or other similar events
- Calls for members interest in new working groups
- Funding opportunities (bursaries, studentships etc.)
- BISA news, calls, notifications etc.
Messages that will not be circulated
- Calls for papers for publications or journals
- Messages that are not timely. If, for example, your message is sent on Friday afternoon for a Monday morning event, we will not circulate it (because it will not be approved in time);
- Multiple emails about the same lecture / seminar series (please send just once, with a summary of the whole series and a weblink for further information);
- Multiple reminders, calls for papers etc, for the same event or conference;
- Advertisements for Summer Schools or Masters Courses;
- Political messages;
- Messages which are for commercial purposes;
- Advertisements for books or other publications - including book launch or promotional events;
- Job advertisements can be posted to the jobs board free of charge for members a small admin fee is charged for non members.
How to join the email list
Send a message to the list
How to leave the list
Enquiries about the list