For a list of recipients,
please click below.Recipients
The Distinguished Contribution Prize recognises an individual’s contribution to the promotion of excellence in the discipline of International Studies over a substantial period of time. The recipient will have made a contribution of demonstrable distinction to the intellectual development and the leadership of the discipline, with a record of achievement that is recognised as having added considerable prestige to International Studies in the UK and beyond.
Nominees must meet the Following Criteria
- Scholars who have previously received this award are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominees do not need to be a BISA member
- The recipient will be recognised at the British International Studies Association Awards Ceremony at the annual conference in June.
- The recipient will receive a glass plaque.
- The BISA executive committee plus additional senior colleagues as appropriate will consider all nominations, shortlist and agree the winner. The executive committee reserves the right not to give the award in any given year.
If you have any queries about nominations for this award, please email the BISA office.
Apply for this award
- To make a nomination, please email the BISA office by 4.00pm, 1st February 2019, nominations should include a brief CV of no more than 2 pages, and a statement of support of no more than 500 words from a nominator which is counter signed/endorsed by a seconder.