The British International Studies Association Strategic Priorities and Objectives
- To ensure the continued sound governance of BISA, paying particular attention to its compliance with its obligations as an Incorporated Charity, the sound and ethical management of its financial affairs, and fulfilment of the requirement of transparency for its members.
- To review thoroughly the current arrangements in relation to risk management and operational continuity, and to ensure that appropriate steps are taken to address areas of vulnerability or high risk for the Association.
- To oversee an improvement in the financial management of BISA by securing the appropriate investment of the Association’s reserves by the end of 2015.
- To achieve an expansion over the next 2-3 years of BISA’s capacity, by reviewing and improving administrative processes and staffing arrangements.
- To increase the membership of BISA over the next 5 years, expanding the range of membership benefits, improving communications and publicity, and enhancing our engagement with the discipline of International Studies.
- To ensure the health and sustainability of BISA’s two journals, Review of International Studies and European Journal of International Security, and to strive to increase over time the revenue generated by the journals in order to ensure a strong financial position for the Association.
- To ensure the continued success of the Annual Conference and its sound financial management, and to maximise attendance at the Conference.
- To improve the management and oversight of BISA’s Working Groups, and to enhance the link between investment in Working Group activities and levels of membership of the Association.
- To develop BISA’s representation of the interests of the discipline in the external environment, particularly by increasing its engagement with policy processes and consultations.