The purpose of this committee is to discuss, progress and develop ideas surrounding the Association's publications. The publications that are discussed in detail are the journals Review of International Studies, and the European Journal of International Security and any other publications on behalf of Executive Committee as well as to make recommendations on publications policy to Executive committee.
- Provide governance for the Association's publications.
- To advise the executive committee on publications policy.
- Support and monitor the performance of the Association's publications.
- Act as a point of contact between the Association, Journal editors, Publishers, other publications and related stakeholders.
- Manage the appointment of new editorial teams.
- Manage the renewal/tender of the publications contracts.
- In liaison with the Editorial teams make nominations of editorial board members and other such appointments as necessary.
- To assess and make recommendations on any proposals for new Association publications in any format.
3. Responsible to:
The main Executive committee
- The composition of the Committee is between 5 and 8 members.
- A majority of the members of the Committee must be members of the Executive committee
- The members of the Committee will be:
- the Executive committee Chair (who will also chair this committee)
- Executive committee members min 3
- Chief Executive officer
- Publications Editors (as required)
- Publishers representatives (as required)
5. Appointment of Members and Chair
- The members of the Committee are appointed by the Executive committee chair and may be removed at any time by the Executive committee. They are generally appointed to the Committee for an anticipated term of 2 years.
- The Chair of the Committee may arrange for another member of the Executive committee to chair a meeting of the Committee which s/he is unable to attend.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting may not appoint an alternate.
A quorum for the Committee is half the members of the committee excluding editors and publishers representatives.
7. Notice of Meetings
Meetings of the Committee are arranged by the Chair.
Unless otherwise agreed by the Committee, notice of each meeting confirming:
- the time and date;
- the venue or electronic access arrangements;
- the agenda of the main items to be discussed; are forwarded to each member of the Committee, and to any other person attending, at least 2 working days before the date of the meeting. Supporting papers are uploaded to the drop box and sent to other attendees as appropriate, at the same time or as soon as practicable.
8. Records of Meetings
The Chair of the Committee is responsible for ensuring that brief notes are made of:
- the attendees at;
- the decisions made by; and
- the significant conclusions and action points arising from; the meetings and activities of the Committee.
These are circulated to the other members of the Committee as soon as practicable, and subsequently presented to the Executive committee at the main meeting the following day.
9. Attendance at Meetings
Only members of the Committee have the right to attend Committee meetings. However, other individuals such as other members of the Executive committee, the Chief Executive Officer, other members of staff and external parties may be invited to attend all or part of any meeting as and when appropriate.